OverviewA practical workshop that explores the positive impact of scheduled sensory based movement and activities for pupils in school.
The course will explore how schools could potentially increase the level of engagement in learning and reduce aspects of more challenging behaviour through the provision of a planned and proactive approach to the sensory needs of pupils.
- Basic introduction to sensory processing and disorder.
- Overview of Sensory Circuits by Jane Horwood and how they can be adapted.
- Introduction to Active Sensory Lessons
- Assessing and planning activities for students
- Barriers to implementation and how they can be overcome.
- Evaluating progress
Please Note: This is an active session requiring participation, please wear comfortable clothes and footwear.
Date & TimeWednesday 18th November 2020 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Who Should AttendPrimary and Secondary teaching staff, SENCos & Teaching Assistants.
Price£70.00 per delegate
Hinkler Road Southampton Hampshire SO19 6DH
Terms and ConditionsBooking Procedures
- On submission of a booking request, you agree to the Southampton Inclusion Partnership terms and conditions for payment.
- Payment will be generated on receipt of the booking request and time permitting, made in advance.
- If you are a Southampton maintained school, then charges will be raised via journal to the cost centre identified on the booking form.
- If you are a not Southampton maintained school, then a booking request will generate an invoice against the identified order number for the full course amount. The invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Places on courses will be allocated and confirmed on a first come first served basis.
- Full or partial charges will still apply for late cancellation.
- On booking you agree to the T&Cs. Please ensure your Finance Officer is aware of this commitment.
Click here to download our charging policy.