<< back to courses
OverviewA two day course understanding autism.
Note: Delegates must attend both sessions.
During this 2 day course, delegates will:
- Have an understanding of how to engage children with autism.
- Understand how to teach children with autism to focus, sustain and shift their attention.
- An understanding of how to teach, encourage and support communication.
- An understanding of how to foster group learning skills.
- An understanding of how to embed early social interaction skills into group work.
- Learn how to set up and run the intervention with groups of children.
- Learn how to nurture the supporting team working with you.
- Learn how to modify and adapt levels of stimulation/distraction in a group setting.
- Understand how to use shared good times with the group and staff team working together in highly engaging activities to build relationships and trust.
- Have a framework that encourages breadth and depth in learning for those who find linear progression challenging.
- Be able to provide activities with a high density of learning opportunities.
Date & TimeThursday 11th March 2021, Thursday 25th March 2021 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Who Should AttendThis course is suitable for staff from nursery, primary or secondary settings, or parent/carers.
RefreshmentsRefreshments & Lunch Included.
Price£215.00 per delegate
Hinkler Road Southampton Hampshire SO19 6DH
Terms and ConditionsBooking Procedures
- On submission of a booking request, you agree to the Southampton Inclusion Partnership terms and conditions for payment.
- Payment will be generated on receipt of the booking request and time permitting, made in advance.
- If you are a Southampton maintained school, then charges will be raised via journal to the cost centre identified on the booking form.
- If you are a not Southampton maintained school, then a booking request will generate an invoice against the identified order number for the full course amount. The invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Places on courses will be allocated and confirmed on a first come first served basis.
- Full or partial charges will still apply for late cancellation.
- On booking you agree to the T&Cs. Please ensure your Finance Officer is aware of this commitment.
Click here to download our charging policy.