<< back to courses
OverviewEnhance your SEND knowledge by joining our School Direct (PGCE with SEND) trainees for the following session with SEND Specialists.
This session is run by Cesia Moran (DHT Cedar School) and Emma Rosenburg (SaLT)
- Communication and language development in children.
- Why is effective communication so important / barriers to communication?
- Speaking and Listening in the curriculum.
- Strategies to support communication for pupils with SEND inc. Intensive Interaction, PECS and Makaton.
- Communication technology.
- Communication is cross curricular.
- Stages of communication development and levels of questioning.
- How can communication support children’s behaviour?
Date & TimeFriday 14th February 2020 8:45 am - 3:30 pm
Who Should AttendThose working in a primary or secondary setting.
Price£0.00 per delegate
Redbridge Lane, Nursling, Southampton Hants SO16 0XN
Terms and ConditionsBooking Procedures
- On submission of a booking request, you agree to the Southampton Inclusion Partnership terms and conditions for payment.
- Payment will be generated on receipt of the booking request and time permitting, made in advance.
- If you are a Southampton maintained school, then charges will be raised via journal to the cost centre identified on the booking form.
- If you are a not Southampton maintained school, then a booking request will generate an invoice against the identified order number for the full course amount. The invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Places on courses will be allocated and confirmed on a first come first served basis.
- Full or partial charges will still apply for late cancellation.
- On booking you agree to the T&Cs. Please ensure your Finance Officer is aware of this commitment.
Click here to download our charging policy.