OverviewThe Southampton Inclusion Partnership, in collaboration with the Local Authority and Educational Psychology Service, would like to invite you to its annual conference.
Judy Hornigold, international consultant
Judy is an independent education consultant specialising in dyslexia and dyscalculia and Associate Tutor for the British Dyslexia Association and Edge Hill University. She is also a trainer for Maths No Problem, training teachers in Singapore Maths.
This morning will help us to understand why so many children struggle with maths and offer practical strategies for support in the primary classroom.
Judy’s sessions will include:
- understanding the barriers faced by pupils with SEND in Maths and strategies to support them.
- using the Concrete Pictorial Abstract model with SEND learners.
- effective and appropriate use of concrete tools for pupils with SEND.
The new format adopted in 2018 will continue.
Workshops will run back to back during the afternoon session with opportunities for discussion and practical ideas for the classroom.
- Sensory Maths – Kate Buckingham
- Reducing cognitive load – Jacqueline Carr
- Catch Up Numeracy intervention – Jo Egerton
- Exploring pre-key stage standards in maths – Maria Burrows
- LA update – Tammy Marks
Date & TimeWednesday 26th June 2019 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Who Should AttendFor SENCos and Inclusion Leads
RefreshmentsRefreshments & Lunch Included.
Price£0.00 per delegate
LocationHighpoint Venue, Thornhill, Southampton
Bursledon Road Southampton Hampshire SO19 8BR
Terms and ConditionsBooking Procedures
- On submission of a booking request, you agree to the Southampton Inclusion Partnership terms and conditions for payment.
- Payment will be generated on receipt of the booking request and time permitting, made in advance.
- If you are a Southampton maintained school, then charges will be raised via journal to the cost centre identified on the booking form.
- If you are a not Southampton maintained school, then a booking request will generate an invoice against the identified order number for the full course amount. The invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Places on courses will be allocated and confirmed on a first come first served basis.
- Full or partial charges will still apply for late cancellation.
- On booking you agree to the T&Cs. Please ensure your Finance Officer is aware of this commitment.
Click here to download our charging policy.