OverviewDuring this course, delegates will have an increased understanding of the Engagement Model and its application. The engagement model replaces P scales 1 to 4. The academic year for 2020/21 will be a transition period and the model will become statutory from September 2021. The engagement model is an assessment tool that helps schools meet their duties in supporting pupils who are working below the level of the national curriculum, and who are not engaged in subject-specific study. It is applicable to pupils who have not yet met the whole of Pre-Key Stage 1 in all subject areas.
- To understand what the Engagement Model is.
- To explore what is meant by the term Engagement.
- To understand who the engagement model is for.
- To begin to explore how the Engagement Model links to the 4 areas of need (EHCP).
- To discuss the power of observation.
- To overcome the barriers for individual pupils.
- To make links between the engagement model and the curriculum.
- To develop confidence in using the engagement model to inform teaching and learning.
- To understand how the information gathered from the engagement model feeds into next steps and informs progress.
- To explore ways of reporting progress to a variety of audiences.
- To feel confident in using the engagement model.
- To feel confident in disseminating information to a wider audience.
NOTE: Delegates must attend all sessions.
Due to limited places available – Only one delegate per school is permitted.
Delegates will be sent a Zoom invite closer to the time of event.
Date & TimeFriday 26th February 2021,Friday 19th March 2021, Friday 23 April 2021 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Who Should AttendYou should be a Senior Leader, Inclusion Lead or SENCo.
Price£0.00 per delegate
Hinkler Road Southampton Hampshire SO19 6DH
Terms and ConditionsBooking Procedures
- On submission of a booking request, you agree to the Southampton Inclusion Partnership terms and conditions for payment.
- Payment will be generated on receipt of the booking request and time permitting, made in advance.
- If you are a Southampton maintained school, then charges will be raised via journal to the cost centre identified on the booking form.
- If you are a not Southampton maintained school, then a booking request will generate an invoice against the identified order number for the full course amount. The invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Places on courses will be allocated and confirmed on a first come first served basis.
- Full or partial charges will still apply for late cancellation.
- On booking you agree to the T&Cs. Please ensure your Finance Officer is aware of this commitment.
Click here to download our charging policy.