<< back to courses
OverviewDuring this course, delegates will develop an increased understanding of the difficulties experienced by some learners in writing (including those with dyslexia) and strategies that can be used to support progress in sentence writing and spelling.
- What is dyslexia? Learning difficulty or learning difference?
- Creating a dyslexia friendly classroom.
- Developing letter formation and left to right orientation.
- Multi-sensory approaches to sentence writing.
- Planning, organising and proof reading writing.
- Developing independence for writing and supporting memory.
- Why spelling is difficult for some learners and the role of the supporting adult.
- Targeting spelling and multi-sensory approaches.
Date & TimeMonday 14th October 2019 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Who Should AttendClass Teachers, SENCos, Teaching Assistants, English/Literacy Subject Leads, primary colleagues
RefreshmentsRefreshments & Lunch Included.
Price£65.00 per delegate
Hinkler Road Southampton Hampshire SO19 6DH
Terms and ConditionsBooking Procedures
- On submission of a booking request, you agree to the Southampton Inclusion Partnership terms and conditions for payment.
- Payment will be generated on receipt of the booking request and time permitting, made in advance.
- If you are a Southampton maintained school, then charges will be raised via journal to the cost centre identified on the booking form.
- If you are a not Southampton maintained school, then a booking request will generate an invoice against the identified order number for the full course amount. The invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Places on courses will be allocated and confirmed on a first come first served basis.
- Full or partial charges will still apply for late cancellation.
- On booking you agree to the T&Cs. Please ensure your Finance Officer is aware of this commitment.
Click here to download our charging policy.