OverviewThis morning will help us to understand why so many children struggle with maths and offer practical strategies for support in the primary classroom.
Session will include:
- understanding the barriers faced by pupils with SEND in Maths and strategies to support them.
- using the Concrete Pictorial Abstract model with SEND learners.
- effective and appropriate use of concrete tools for pupils with SEND.
Judy Hornigold is an independent education consultant specialising in dyslexia and dyscalculia and Associate Tutor for the British Dyslexia Association and Edge Hill University. She is also a trainer for Maths No Problem, training teachers in Singapore Maths.
Date & TimeWednesday 26th June 2019 8:30 am - 12:45 pm
Who Should AttendFor SENCos, Inclusion Leads, Teachers and TAs.
RefreshmentsRefreshments & Lunch Included.
Price£70.00 per delegate
LocationHighpoint Venue, Thornhill, Southampton
Bursledon Road Southampton Hampshire SO19 8BR
Terms and ConditionsBooking Procedures
- On submission of a booking request, you agree to the Southampton Inclusion Partnership terms and conditions for payment.
- Payment will be generated on receipt of the booking request and time permitting, made in advance.
- If you are a Southampton maintained school, then charges will be raised via journal to the cost centre identified on the booking form.
- If you are a not Southampton maintained school, then a booking request will generate an invoice against the identified order number for the full course amount. The invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Places on courses will be allocated and confirmed on a first come first served basis.
- Full or partial charges will still apply for late cancellation.
- On booking you agree to the T&Cs. Please ensure your Finance Officer is aware of this commitment.
Click here to download our charging policy.