OverviewThis workshop gives you the opportunity to spend a morning in a primary special school setting. You will observe pupils in class and have the opportunity to discuss how your learning can be applied within mainstream schools. Focus areas will include strategies for supporting and communicating with pupils who have complex needs, managing behaviour positively, developing independence and assessing progress.
- To observe and discuss strategies for managing behaviour.
- To observe and discuss strategies for meeting the needs of children with learning difficulties.
- Introduction to Springwell School
- Observation in class.
- Tour of school.
- Review of learning.
Please let us know if you have a specific focus for you visit, including year group, via email [email protected] stating SEND Wkshop (date), your name and detail of your interest.
Date & TimeThursday 12th January 2023 8:30 am - 11:45 am
Who Should AttendTeachers and Teaching Assistants working in a primary setting.
Price£49.00 per delegate
Hinkler Road Southampton Hampshire SO19 6DH
Terms and ConditionsBooking Procedures
- On submission of a booking request, you agree to the Southampton Inclusion Partnership terms and conditions for payment.
- Payment will be generated on receipt of the booking request and time permitting, made in advance.
- If you are a Southampton maintained school, then charges will be raised via journal to the cost centre identified on the booking form.
- If you are not a Southampton maintained school, then a booking request will generate an invoice against the identified order number for the full course amount. The invoice is payable within 30 days.
- Places on courses will be allocated and confirmed on a first come first served basis.
- Full or partial charges will still apply for late cancellation.
- On booking you agree to the T&Cs. Please ensure your Finance Officer is aware of this commitment.
Click here to download our charging policy.